Linggo, Abril 13, 2014

My Wife Is Pregnant...

...review, don't take it seriously, guys. Come on!

So, I went to Summer Komikon yesterday and bought one of the few gems found at a small rom which had gathered the best indie comics you can find in the PHL. My Wife Is Pregnant.

This is a semi-autobiographical comic book which centers around Markus and Ligaya as they have a baby(hence the name). Inside, you can also find tips on how to become a hubby with a preggy wife.

Mark Rosario(the author of the comic book), based this comic on himself and his wife, Joy.

One of the things that makes it good is that Markus is a geeky husband who's never had a dad(as indicated in the comic), so all of us can relate. Yes, even if we have a dad. And yes, even if you're not married and is 13 years old and is living with his parents an is also a nerd, you can relate to this.

And by the way, I've had the luck of actually meeting him, and at one point, even helping him sell his comics, and in turn, he helped me in my journey of going to Leinil Yu and having him sign my Prelude to Infinity in Avengers #14. So I can say that he's a good person and a good "salesman". Just, never that poster that says "Keep Calm and Get Pregnant". Half of the ladies that went to SummerKon went away to the table because of the forcefield that was powered by the slogan.

If you have plans on buying MWIP, it's either you wait for the next Komikon or contact him through his fb page.

The comic is well-received by people who have bought the comic(myself included), so well-received that it's due for a sequel sometime in the future, and it's called Baby Days(or is it Baby Days Volume 1: Tales From The Crib?).

If you're curious as to what is the price of the comic, it's P70(and with additional charge if you want it shipped or if you buy it online).



UPDATE: My mom just read this a few days back and approves of this creation.

1 komento:

  1. Tengks for the review, Thomas! It was fun hanging out with you and I'm so glad you liked my book. Looking forward to more indie komiks reviews here on your blog!

    TumugonBurahin