Linggo, Abril 13, 2014

My SummerKon Experience.

Last April 12, 2014, something happened that connected the realm of Pinoy Indie Komiks and to the people who read it. It is an annual event called Komikon.

And this is all about my experiences that day.

I arrived on the event more or less 10 am. The first comic I bought was Lagimbal by Partick Rawwrr Enrique, since I bought it early, I get to pick whether I get a Lagimbal pin-up or a copy of Caution: Sex, Drugs, Rock and Roll, I picked the latter one.

Wonderfully fantastic guests were there. Leinil Yu was there, Arnold Arre was there and Macoy was there. Gerry Alanguilan was also there(If you're curious as to who Gerry is, he's that guy behind that smile).

Gerry Alanguilan released his latest big thing, Rodski Patotski: Ang Dalagang Baby. It's the first Alanguilan/Arre collab in while, one their known collabs was Darna Lives, which is a tribute to the comic book character of the same name.

I saw Jon Zamar, JP Palabon, and Doc Carlo Jose San Juan. Again.

I first met them in Cebu Comics Convention last year.

Now, let's got back to SummerKon. There's this one unforgettable stop I did. It was at the Kubori Kikiam booth. I was checking the books they sell then they asked me about my age. Afterwards, they suggested that I should come back with a fake mustache and lie about my age or go back when I turn 18. I chose the latter one.

So, as I visited JP's booth, I was amazed. I mean, he's the only guy who posts money as a display. Well, self-designed money, anyways.

Now, the next comic I bought was the Baby Days preview made by one of my friends, Mark Rosario. And then, I was walking back and forth to look for Mr. Leinil Yu, to have him sign my copy of Prelude to Infinity. And fortunately, he signed it during the afternoon.

A lot of people were there. Of course, a lot of people were there.

During the afternoon, I was staying at the Indie Tiangge. Specifically, Mark Rosario's booth. I did some "sales-talk" and improved their sales by five people.

In other news, during the kon, I was reading Where Bod Stars Go To Die. Unfortunately, they snapped a picture of me reading it. Will post it when Mark has posted it(DAMN YOU MARK!!!).

And actually, it was a good day. Will add more details soon.

Walang komento:

Mag-post ng isang Komento