Sabado, Abril 19, 2014

Maktan 1521 Review(UPDATED)

I've bought a lot of stuff last SummerKon, and Maktan 1521 was one of them.


So, Maktan 1521 is created by Tepai Pascual and is based on the events preceding the Battle of Mactan.

First of all, what got me interested me with this piece--besides the art--is the setting, since I live in Cebu, and Mactan is part of Cebu. I was supposed to buy it last C3, but--Why am I telling you this?

Anyways, the story is awesomely done and well-executed. Reading this just makes me feel like I'm reading 300, but with a format similar to a manga, and is not made by Frank Miller.

Luckily, before this will be distributed by Visprint, I got the chance to get a copy of it.

This graphic novel has the potential of becoming a movie, without the worries of being butchered and made into movie with the sole purpose of money.

Overall, this is a good read. 10/10, 5 stars, two thumbs up. From the art to the content.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

UPDATE:

Now that I have bought the Visprint version recently and have read the full story--the one I bought last SummerKon was about Volmue 1, which ends right after Chapter 5--I have to say this.

The story was amazing, the fact that putting Lapu-Lapu's son, Sawili, in the spotlight is just amazing. It doesn't just tell you a compelling story, it also tells you a part of history we should've known by now.

The colors were well-done, it just drives you to what the mood of the scene actually is.

And the battle scene? It's just too epic I can't tell you what made it cool! It will never be a waste of your P400, everything is just worth it, from the cover to the content.

So if you want a compelling "grapikong nobela" with a slice of history in it, Maktan 1521 is for you.

And still, my point of it becoming a movie still stands.

Walang komento:

Mag-post ng isang Komento