Martes, Hunyo 2, 2015

Why There Are Not That Much YouTubers In The Philippines.

Before you say "But there are so many Filipino YouTubers!", hear me out at least for just a second.

How many YouTubers do you know? Say at least 10 YouTubers.

See? There are not that much.

Now, there are other people who are gonna say "There are so much more 'Filo' YouTubers out there!" and yes, there are, I know. But they are not given as much recognition as they needed.

Which is why I've made a blog post about said topic. Here are the reasons why there are not that much YouTubers in the Philippines.

1. The #1 YouTube Channel in the Philippines is not from a YouTuber.

I saw this list on how YouTube channels in the Philippines ranked and the #1 rank goes to ABS-CBN's YouTube channel. I know that this is just a way for me to hate ABS-CBN since I hated them since an eternity ago, but this explains everything. Society has more time to watch clips from their favorite TV show than to watch videos from Filipino YouTubers.

2. Society focuses more on "YouTube Sensations" than "YouTubers" itself.

There is a difference between YouTube Sensation and YouTuber itself, and I think society is focusing more on the former. I mean, look at countries like the UK and US, they are giving YouTubers radio shows and TV shows, while here in the PH, the greatest thing a YouTuber has received is a cameo on a movie and a spot on a comedy TV show. Yes, I was talking about Moy Moy Palaboy and Bogart the Explorer.

3. The only famous YouTubers are not even doing YouTube anymore.

Well, with the exception of Mikey Bustos and Bogart the Explorer(or if you want to be more specific, his channel, PAPERBUGTV). Some of the Pinoy YouTubers I meant were Moy Moy Palaboy and Jamich.

4. Smaller YouTubers have been awfully ignored by society.

Because of reason #1 and #2, society has been ignoring smaller "Filo" YouTubers and have only been watch YouTubers from outside the country. I mean, that's fine and all but, there are also YouTubers here and they need your love.


So yeah, these are the reasons I think there are not that much famous YouTubers in the Philippines.

Walang komento:

Mag-post ng isang Komento